What I teach and where I trained
- I teach Hatha Flow Yoga, a fusion of vinyasa flow and a hatha style (longer-held, alignment-based), in community group classes, private 1-1s and private small groups.
- Both my practice and teaching is influenced by Hatha Yoga, Tantrika Yoga and the compassionate values and mindfulness of Buddhism.
- I have completed 450 hours of teacher-training. My first 200hr training was with Yoga London, an ashtanga vinyasa influenced programme. My second 200hr training was Tantra Flow Yoga with US teacher Jeanne Heileman, a senior Parayoga teacher. I completed a 50 hour vinyasa flow training with Mimi Duo-Keemer, one of London’s esteemed vinyasa flow teachers. I completed a 3 day pranayama immersion with renowned US yogi and teacher, Richard Rosen.
- I’m a Yoga Alliance Professional and fully insured to teach.
My approach to teaching
- I welcome everyone, no matter your age, gender, sexuality, body shape or experience.
- I aim to teach with compassion; to empower and encourage you to listen to your body’s own wisdom.
- Each class will be mindful and grounding, to develop stability, openness and harmony through integration of the mind-body.
- Classes are a fusion of ‘flow’ (movement linked to breath) and longer-held poses, based on precise, safe alignment. This combination is a powerful guide towards physical and mental relaxation, to help you let-go of mental chatter and create space and ease in your body and mind.
- Classes may include pranayama and meditation as appropriate to the needs and experience of the group or individual.
Me outside of yoga
- My other profession is marketing and communications and I have a passion for creating projects. I enjoy fitness training, going to dance, ballet, and acrobatic shows, eating out in restaurants and travelling the world. I have a secret passion for all things design and style. If you enjoy the photos on my website, they were shot by 4 talented photographers I was fortunate to work with in Mallorca: Emma Fenton | Claire Morgan | Sofia Winghamre | Aimee K
A bit of deep stuff
- On a deeper level one of my core beliefs is the necessity to actively participate in our own healing, to learn and evolve from what may have harmed us in the past. This helps us to develop more compassion, peace and a healthier relationship with oneself first, and then with others. Yoga practice not only helps to create a stronger more flexible body, yoga practice also makes space for us to be with ourselves on the mat, to start the inner journey of knowing ourselves better and ultimately access more peace of mind.
My Yoga teaching services